Thursday, January 26, 2012

Friends Change

When you grow up, sometimes the people you were friends with before aren't your friends anymore. I hate to admit that, but It's the truth. You can in my case for instance, be friends with someone since the second grade and then realize 14 years later that you aren't going to have a friendship for very much longer.
The person I am talking about is someone that I thought I would have in my life forever, but Now I know it would be in our best interest to part ways. We are going in two different directions in our lives, and while that should be fine and dandy.... I am getting judged for my decisions! I am married and want to take the steps in building a wonderful future for myself and my husband.
While in her case she wants to party and stuff all the time.
That is not what me and my husband are about. Sure we enjoy our occasional night out, but not every night of the week. I don't judge her or tell her not to party, so I don't see why she would look down on us for wanting to be responsible, mature adults.
I have also learned a very important lesson. Married people and single people should not live together. We all moved in together after somethings happened at her moms house and she didn't feel comfortable living there anymore, or feel her four year old daughter should be growing up there.So my husband and I talked about it and decided we would ask them to live with us. Well needless to say several months later we are going our separate ways.
My mamaw always said you don't truly know someone until you live with them. I found this to be true. She is not the person I thought she was. While I will miss her little girl so much, we just have to go different ways. We have found a house and we are moving. while I would like to say we will remain friends after moving, at this point however I highly doubt that will happen.

2 comments:

  1. hey there :)
    This is Pylodol, from youtube :)
    and i can relate to so many things what you are saying here. I also had a friend from elementary school, but we have grown so much apart, but we how ever have no fights.
    and i agree with the living together with someone. have had that happen, that i don't even want to see a person after we lived together.
    and then the partying thing. for me it's kinda the opposite. i like to party, like 2 times a month or so, but i do get judged a little by my friends who are having a baby now. and i feel so bad about it.
    so i guess, peaople are similar and have similar problems :)

    btw, i will be reading this blog all the time. i love finding new interesting blogs, and your's seems to be one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad your following me :). I hate that things have gotten to this point because of how long I have been friends with her but It is what it is i guess. I hope we will still be able to be friends, but at this point it doesn't seem likely. Everything is so tense and awkward when we are around her now. I don't disagree with partying or anything, It was just a matter of disrespect. She knows my husband has to work every morning, yet she still had people over and they were loud and so rude.

    ReplyDelete