Thursday, January 19, 2012

Growing up

Most often people grow up physically before they ever grow up mentally. It would be ideal if we all matured mentally and physically at the same time. Unluckily it doesn't happen that way.
While I have been married now for 3 years, I haven't actually grown up that much until the last year. I think of the reasons why and it would have to be because I was so young when I married my husband, as was he. We were both eighteen and fresh out of school.
While we went trough rough times that would mature anyone, we still didn't really grow from it. I believe that is because my parents were always there to fix things. We never worried much about anything because we knew we had them to help us.
While I appreciated the help I know understand that it certainly didn't help us mature.
If we had to deal with our problems on our own I believe we would have grown up and matured a lot sooner.
My parents are still around to help us from time to time, but I realized we need to fix our own problems. I am a lot more stressed doing things that way, but I have new sense of pride knowing that we can handle things on our own.

No comments:

Post a Comment